The Karim Abu Al-Majd Center for Gastrointestinal Surgeries and Organ Transplantation was opened, providing many free diagnostic and therapeutic services for children and adults at Al-Nas Hospital. These medical services specialize in incurable diseases and delicate surgeries that cannot be provided in many hospitals in the Arab Republic of Egypt.
Diagnostic services for the digestive system organs:
1- Birth defects and immune diseases such as Crohn’s disease and colon ulcers, as well as benign and cancerous tumors.
2- Motor and nutritional failure of the digestive system, especially for patients who have previously had unsuccessful surgeries.
Therapeutic services include the following:
1- Intravenous and enteral nutrition for patients with gastrointestinal failure
2- Diagnostic and therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopy of the esophagus, stomach, pancreas, and colon, including the following:
- Regular examination with early diagnosis of polyps and colon tumors, along with the removal of some benign and malignant tumors.
- Treating cases of achalasia and tightness of the heart muscle.
- Expansion and installation of stents for esophageal narrowing.
- Stop bleeding of esophageal varices.
- Removal of polyps from all organs of the digestive system.
3- Microsurgery for birth defects and diseases of the esophagus, stomach, pancreas, liver, as well as the intestines and colon, including the following:
- Esophageal resection and transplantation.
- Esophageal surgeries for movement disorders
- Removal of benign and malignant tumors of the stomach and duodenum.
- Intestinal and colon lengthening surgeries in cases of failure of nutritional absorption as a result of removing a large part of the intestine.
- Removal of intestinal tumors and surrounding tissue.
- Colectomy in cases of chronic ulcers and various tumors.
- Reconstructing the digestive system after the failure of various obesity surgeries, as well as patients suffering from surgical complications such as internal and external fistulas.
- Modern surgery to treat chronic constipation due to colon motility disorders.
- Modern surgery to correct intestinal circulation defects and gastroschisis.
- Vascular surgeries for esophageal varices, especially after thrombosis of the hepatic portal vein, splenic veins, pancreas, and intestines.
- Removal of advanced tumors of the abdominal wall and peritoneum.
- Removal of pancreatic and liver tumors.
- Surgical treatment of narrow bile ducts and pancreatic ducts.
In the near future, God willing, the Karim Abu Al-Majd Center will provide intestine, liver, and other organ transplantation services.