The Department of Anesthesiology is to become a leading example in delivering international level of perioperative medical care in terms of safety, efficiency and sustainability. We believe our model will foster the growth of like-minded anesthesia practices all over the world.
The Department of Anesthesiology is to provide the highest quality, cost effective and efficient medical practice to our patients. The department is to advance medicine and health via retaining the best and brightest anesthesiologists, engaging in innovative scientific discovery, and disseminating new knowledge into practice.
These standard core values steer our practice to accomplish our goals: Integrity Commitment to innovation and excellence Professionalism Life-long learning Team work Collaboration among disciplines, professions, and in our community Accountability and Responsiveness to those whom we serve.
Goals & Objectives
· Delivering quality patient care is the primary goal.
· Patient satisfaction.
· Collaborating with other physicians to ensure quality service.
· Maintaining an efficient Operating Room
· Attraction and retention of team members who share the same values.
· Full alignment with the hospital goals and policies.
Dr Ahmad Mahmoud Hasseb: Head of the Department
Dr Ahmed Abelkader Elesawy: Anesthesia Consultant
Dr Hazem Abdelmoneim Alteregie: Anesthesia Specialist
Dr Khaled Abdelfattah Elsawa: Anesthesia Associate Specialist
Dr Mohamed Khaled: Anesthesia Associate Specialist
Dr Khaled Abdelfattah: Anesthesia Associate Specialist
Dr Ahmed Elkhateeb: Anesthesia Associate Specialist
Dr Anas Elshemy: Anesthesia Associate Specialist
Dr Khaled Ashraf: Anesthesia Associate Specialist
Aesthesia Department services
1. The anesthesia department is responsible for preparation of patients scheduled for any procedure done in Al Nas hospital. This includes pre-procedural assessment of patients, making sure they are optimized and well prepared to go through the scheduled procedure safely and in accordance with the latest evidence-based standards of care.
2. Provision of anesthesia and sedation for any intervention is the responsibility of the Anesthesia department at any site within the hospital (OR, Cath lab, Radiology department and OPD). It is our responsibility to make sure the service delivered is safe, effective and meets the patient satisfaction.
3. The Anesthesia department members are responsible for covering any consultation from other departments as airway and vascular access experts. This includes serving patients in need, as well as training our colleagues from other departments.
4.The Perioperative transesophegeal echocardiography is provided by our team members. This includes adult and pediatric patients.
5. The Department is periodically auditing the clinical practice to ensure every procedure is done according to the hospital policies and procedures manual. Also, the department is involved in updating the hospital polices as needed.
6. Research projects are being conducted in collaboration with other departments. The Anesthesia department is constructing a perioperative transesophageal echocardiography course and sedation course for non-anesthetists.
1. Anesthesia machines: Draeger Primus.
2. Anesthesia monitors: Draeger omega.
3. Transesophageal echocardiography machine Siemens Acuson
4. Portable Fiberoptic bronchoscope: Carl Storz.
Dr Ahmad Mahmoud Hasseb MD
Head of the Anesthesia Department, Al Nas Hospital.
Anesthesia MD 2007 Ain Shams university
Perioperative Transesophageal echocardiography certification. (European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging EACVI)
1. Member of the EACTA (European association of cardiothoracic anesthesiology
2. Member of the Society of Pediatric Anesthesia.
3. Member of the Congenital Cardiac Anesthesia Society.
1. Lecturer of Anesthesia Ain Shams University: 2007 to date.
2. Anesthesia Consultant Aswan Heart Centre (MY foundation): 2012 - 2015 and 2017 - 2019.
3. Head of the Anesthesia department Aswan Heart Centre (MY foundation): 1/2019 - 7/2019.
Fields of interest:
Cardiac anesthesia including adults, pediatrics and neonates, perioperative transesophageal echocardiography for adults and pediatrics.